7 Layer Managed Services provides you with our professional team of network, system and security engineers along with a multitude of highly customized automated services working hard behind the scenes to optimize your network. Our unique mix of remote-managed and onsite services gives your organization the high touch component of IT support when you need it, along with the peace of mind knowing that your data and network infrastructure are fully managed and secure.
During our regular IT business reviews, we will work together to best align IT with your company's technology and compliance initiatives. From the most advanced of IT helpdesk requests to hardware and software recommendations and procurement, we allow you to focus on your business without worrying about the daily IT operational needs.
No trend in the world of IT has had more of an impact on business than the move to cloud computing. However, as companies move their services and applications to the cloud, they are hitting major obstacles for success, namely integration. With little to no barrier of entry, we see many companies deploying Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) without a full understanding of all the complexities involved. This often results in misconfigured applications and services unable to communicate seamlessly with one another.
7 Layer specializes in deploying and integrating SaaS, IaaS, and DRaaS solutions that can run any workload to provide instant value and productivity for your business. Whether you need to migrate an on-premise application to the cloud or build a solution from the ground up, we will make sure your IT environment integrates seamlessly and securely.
Our cloud strategy assessment will help you to decide if you need a Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud for your infrastructure. We can help integrate SaaS offerings such as Office 365 and Azure Active Directory, migrate your on-premise servers to Virtual Private Cloud, or work with you to identify the best Disaster Recovery options that meet the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) set forth by business or regulatory requirements.
Now more than ever, customers need Cloud Integration Services. Be confident that you have the right information to help you select and deploy the most appropriate cloud solutions for your business.
VOIP phone systems have revolutionized the industry by making features that were previously available with site-based systems now available “in the cloud”.
Which VOIP system is right for you?
One of the most important aspects to think about when considering a move to VOIP is whether your existing Network Infrastructure is VOIP ready.
Below are a few questions to consider:
1. How many users do you have? This is important to determine the bandwidth and type of network service required to address your business needs.
2. Do you have other services in the cloud that are already consuming bandwidth? If so, we can help with a bandwidth utilization analysis.
3. What type of Network switches are in place at your business? Are they POE capable? Are they “Quality of Service” (QoS) capable?
4. What type of Internet connection is in place at your business? The type of Internet connection plays a significant role in the type of service you require for your VOIP system.
5. Do you have remote users? Having remote users can sometimes cause unforeseen bandwidth and call quality issues with your internal network
Contact us today for help with these questions and a detailed VOIP assessment.